Monday, May 16, 2011

No Donald Trump? 2012 Just Got More Dull

Of course we are all shocked, shocked, to discover Donald Trump will not seek the presidency.  Or as the lede in the NYTimes says today: "Donald Trump fired himself."

The 2012 race got a lot duller.  Yeah, we still have Gingrich.  But Palin is undecided, as is Bachmann.  If both of those get in the race, life as a political blogger just got easier.

Trump's rise, and fall, has been fascinating to watch as he rode the "birther" movement to its logical conclusion.  In a heavy dose of bullshit, Trump said: “I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election.  Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion, and I am not ready to leave the private sector.”  Translation: "I could win if I wanted to. So there."

No comments: