This is about one county.
I was cranking the numbers of percentage of females from all counties in 1998 and 2014 and Clayton County popped out as unusual in a couple of ways. How?
- In 1998 it was ranked 12th in supplying students to UGA. By 2014 it had dropped to 27th.
- In raw numbers, Clayton supplied 137 fewer students in 2014 than it did in 1998. That's a 43.1 percent drop.
- But ... it's percentage of female students climbed dramatically. About half of the students in 1998 were female. By 2014 it was 66.9 percent female. So, a 16.2 percentage point increase in females while the number of students dropped.
- And yet, the raw number of females from Clayton dropped from 161 to 121. Males, though, dropped from 150 to 59.
- Finally, the percentage of black students from Clayton was18.9 percent in 1998. by 2014 it was 54.7 percent.