I replied to this morning's tweet and pointed to my blog, and had an odd phone call a little while ago asking if I was the tweeter who blogged the tweet, or some such thing. I said yeah. Now I know why.
Below is what you see for the "revised" survey.
- Your system allowed multiple responses.
- After voting, your system encouraged multiple responses by giving the option to "Submit Another Response." Think about that.
- You have now added "anecdotal" to the survey. Dudes, it was always at best anecdotal, and at worst misleading. Please, look up SLOP.
- You did not fully explain why there is a change. That's not treating your audience fairly. Ya know, transparency.
- And you suggest I corrupted a survey that you set up for multiple responses in the first place. Yeah, I'm a bit pissed. But more, this is about as ethically challenged a way to handle this as is humanly possible. I mean, WTF?
- But I am happy that now people cannot easily respond with multiple answers, using Google. Good. But still it's a SLOP, so DO NOT REPORT SUCH RESULTS IN A NEWSCAST OR SITE.