Friday, January 21, 2011

A Palin-Less February?

Columnist Dana Milbank vows to not write about Sarah Palin for the month of February.
I have written about her in 42 columns since Sen. John McCain picked her as his presidential running mate in 2008. I've mentioned her in dozens more blog posts, Web chats, and TV and radio appearances. I feel powerless to control my obsession, even though it cheapens and demeans me. 
Milbank goes further, calling out out others of the chattering class to do the same.  In other words, just take February off, at least when it comes to mentioning Palin.
And so I pledge to you: Sarah Palin's name will not cross my lips - or my keyboard - for the entire month of February. Who's with me? 
I with ya.  But let's be clear: I'm no Dana Milbank -- and this blog is no Washington Post-- but after a quick search I find there are 20 whatpeopleknow blog postings that include Palin.  Wow.

The first step in recovery?  Admitting you have a problem.

Clearly, I have a Palin Problem. Now's the time to kick the habit.

No comments: