Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Offshore Tax Day!

As my fellow insanely rich friends know, this Thursday (Oct. 15) is Tax Day for those with offshore accounts.  Read about the pain many of us feel here.

I speak, of course, of my Adsense dollars piling up in my Caymans account thanks to the tens of readers worldwide who visit this blog. Cha-ching, cha-ching.  Oh, and there's the Swiss bank account.  And another one is located in a sunny spot so secret even I can't remember. 

I like to spread the money around.

Most of you can't imagine the difficulties of such squalid abundance, of accounts with long numbers and digits and secret codes cleverly hidden in a microchip and inserted under my flesh and -- oh, wait, that's a scene from one of the Bourne movies, not actually me.  Never mind.

In the world of what people know, this is something I didn't know ... that there even was a tax day other than the usual one in April.  I guess the feds like one so much, they had to have another.

1 comment:

Nick said...

I like to spread my money around too: UGA, Charter, Georgia Power, my landlady, a 1992 Plymouth Acclaim...Sometimes I think only the last one is getting me anywhere.