- The art of polite disagreement (negative affect influences learning)
- Memory (kinda obvious, it's importance here)
- Authoritative reference works (who needs serious references?)
- Respect for doctors and other professionals (journalists too?)
- Geographical knowledge (again, obvious here)
- Mainstream media (ditto)
Fun list, and the great thing about lists is they're even more fun to argue about. See this story, which quotes me about why we love lists (I blame God and Moses, mostly, followed by David Letterman).